- Real-world and sim drivers set for online battle at legendary Italian track
- Five wildcard entries available through public hot-lap contest
- Event to raise money for COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund
SRO E-Sports GT Series, Kunos Simulazioni and Ak Informatica will join forces to organise a two-hour Assetto Corsa Competizione race at Monza next weekend (29 March), uniting real-world and sim drivers while raising money for charity.
The Italian circuit was set to open the 2020 GT World Challenge Europe Powered by AWS season prior to the global COVID-19 pandemic and will now provide a fitting stage for the online contest. Scheduled to run at 14.00 CET on Sunday, the event will feature 40 drivers racing Assetto Corsa Competizione, the official game of SRO Motorsports Group.
Real-world racers, celebrities and professional sim drivers will be invited to take part, while the event will also feature five wildcard entries chosen through a public hot-lap contest. This will be open from 23 to 26 March, with the five fastest drivers earning an invite to race.
All competitors will be asked to make a minimum €15 donation to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, which supports the World Health Organization and its partners in their response to the ongoing pandemic.
Global fan engagement will be an integral part of the event, which will be live streamed on the GT World YouTube page and across social media, including the new SRO Motorsports Group Twitch channel. Fans can also join the conversation on Twitter as the GT World Challenge Europe account keeps track of the action from start to finish.
Registration begins on Monday 23 March, while the free practice server opens on Friday 28 March. Sunday will begin with free practice at 10.00 CET and qualifying at 13:15 CET, before the main race goes green at 14.00 CET.
- Monday, March 23rd: Registration open 09:00 - www.sro-esports.com
- March 23rd-26th: Public qualifying
- Saturday, March 28th: Free Practice Server open
- Sunday, March 29th: Live Event
- Free Practice: 10:00 - 13:00 CET
- Qualifying: 13:15 - 13:45 CET
- Race: 14:00-16:00 CET